This course has been running for over 11 years. The manual was co-written by two Paediatric sisters, has been approved by a leading Paediatrician and is run by owner Marlette Visagie, a Paediatric sister and caring mother of two children.
The course runs over a 4 week period and consists of 4 sessions of 5 hours per session. The course starts at 8h45 and finishes at 14h00 on a Tuesday for 4 consecutive weeks. The course is presented in Zulu and English to create an optimum environment to understand, learn and communicate. A comprehensive training manual is provided to the Child minder upon commencement of the course as well as the ABC Nanny Diary. The manual covers the entire content of the course and will enable them to refer back to at any later stage as and when required. Your Child Minder will receive a certificate on completion of the course. A performance review will be mailed to you for your information and future reference.
Nanny Training Course Content:
- Routines and time management.
- Personal hygiene.
- HIV education and TB awareness.
- All general care from newborn up to toddler, individual practical sessions included.
- Minor ailments like blocked nose, bee stings and nose bleeds.
- Caring for the sick baby or child.
- Developmental milestones from birth to 3years.
- The importance of sleep.
- The importance of stimulation and play from birth–3 years.
- Nutrition from newborn, starting of solids up to toddler nutrition.
- Basic first aid and choking.
- Safety around the home and how to childproof your home.
- Emergency plan and action in case of any emergency.
- Security awareness applicable to SA’s hazardous environment.