After 14 years of focusing on Nanny training and CPR & First Aid Training for parents I have decided to expand my training offering with a Postnatal Course for Moms. Through the years moms often asked for training to equip them in being able to care for and look after their babies with more confidence and knowledge as the focus in antenatal courses is more towards the delivery and the birth process.
Once baby is born moms can feel unsure and overwhelmed and not having the necessary skills can make something as simple as nappy changing, challenging and stressful. This course aims to guide new moms through the first few weeks so that they can feel confident and relaxed when caring for their babies.
The course will be run by owner Marlette Visagie, a Pediatric sister, midwife and mom of two children. The course will run over a 4 week period and consists of 4 sessions of 4 hours per session. The course starts at 8h45 and finishes at 13h00 on a Thursday for 4 consecutive weeks. Each mom will receive a training manual upon commencement of the course which covers the entire content of the course and will enable them to refer back to at any later stage as and when required.
After Baby Comes Course Content:
- Nappy changing and preventing nappy rash
- Dressing and undressing, how to prevent overheating
- Handling and picking up your baby
- Bathing your baby
- What to pack in your Nappy Bag
- Laundry Guidelines for baby
- Developmental Milestones from birth to 1 year
- The importance of sleep, preventing SIDS and sleep guidelines
- The importance of stimulation and bonding from early days
- Minor ailments like blocked nose and sunburn
- Dealing with Constipation
- Vomiting , Diarrhea and preventing dehydration
- Caring for your sick baby with a fever
- Nutritional guidelines and feeding in the first few months
- Infant CPR and choking